The healthcare industry has a unique set of standards and accompanying regulations that require background checks and periodic scans of several exclusion lists.
For healthcare professionals Priority Research includes a Nationwide Healthcare Fraud & Abuse scan, which conducts a search of sanction information taken by the Office of Inspector General (OIG), the General Services Administration (GSA) and other federal agencies. The information meets the government’s minimum requirements for sanction screening as set forth in the OIG’s Compliance Program Guidance.
Nationwide Healthcare Fraud & Abuse Scan
- Medicare & Medicaid Sanctioned, Excluded Individuals
- Office of Research Integrity (ORI)
- Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA)
- FDA Debarment Check
- State Exclusion List
- Office of Inspector General (OIG)-List of Excluded Individuals/Entities
- General Services Administration (GSA)-Excluded Parties List
Additionally, this search reveals disciplinary actions taken by federal agencies as well as those taken by licensing and certification agencies in all 50 states.